Science drives innovation and economic, social and cultural change.
It’s at the heart of the innovations that transform the human condition: vaccines, smart phones, flight and clean energy.
It tells us how our world is changing, and what we can do about it, if we choose to.
It reveals where we, our world, our galaxy, and our Universe came from, and where we’re going.
Stories of Australian Science celebrates discoveries and the people behind them.
Previous editions of Stories of Australian Science and our other publications
Please feel free to use the stories for your own social media, website and publications. Everything is available for reuse under a Creative Commons licence.
We have hundreds of stories from every state and territory. And we have a host of special collections including:
- US-Australia collaborations: partners in innovation, and transforming lives and economies together
- 30 stories for 30 years of Australia-China science collaboration
- Australia-Japan science collaboration plus Japan and Australia: partners in innovation (videos and stories)
- Australia-Indonesia Innovation, with the support of the Australia-Indonesia Centre
- Stories of French-Australia Innovation
- Stories of European-Australian Research
- Early-career researcher stories and talent: more than 300 Fresh Science stories and media savvy scientists we’ve trained since 1998
- Women in science profiles: winners of Fellowships and prizes over the past decade
- Leaders in science profiles: past winners of the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science, and other awards such as the CSL Florey medal and Cluines Ross Awards.
All our stories are available online.
Scroll down for more, or search by organisation, Australian state, or field of science using the menus on the left-hand side of this page.
And if you’d like to see your work in the collection take a look at our submission guidelines.