This compilation of stories illustrating the diversity of Australian science is produced by Science in Public.
Science in Public is a science communication company based in Melbourne, Australia. We help scientists and science organisations present their ideas in public space.
We thank the many science organisations who have contributed to Stories. If you would like more information, please use the links and contact details at the end of each story.
Our story collection
This site showcases the stories found in our print editions of Stories of Australian Science, our special Stories of Australian Astronomy 2012 magazine, two other publications we’ve done for the Commonwealth Department of Innovation and our stories of Australia’s international collaborations.
Our story collection comprises:
- Australia-China Collaboration fact sheets 2019
- Stories of European-Australian Research (2019)
- Tomorrow’s Medicine Starts Today (Stem Cells Australia, 2019)
- Stories of French-Australian Innovation (2019)
- Stories of Australian Science 2017
- Stories of Australia-Indonesia Innovation (2016)
- Stories of Australian Science 2016
- Stories of Australian Science 2015
- Australia-Japan collaboration fact sheets (2015)
- Stories of Australian Science 2014
- Stories of Australian Science 2012
- Stories of Australian Astronomy 2012
- Stories of Australian Science 2011
- US-Australian Innovation fact sheets: Transforming lives and economies together (2011)
- Stories of Australian Science 2010
- Thirty years of Australia-China scientific cooperation (2010)
- Stories of Australian Science 2007
Within this site you can browse the publications, search on key terms and categories, and download pdfs for print or ipad. Use the Online or PDF menu tabs above to explore our stories.
Stories has grown from our first collection, written in 2007 when journalists met in Melbourne for the 5th World Conference of Science Journalists. Since 2010, we’ve published an annual magazine featuring highlights of Australian Science. They are distributed to contributing agencies and interested Australian government departments and delegations worldwide.
We publish occasional special editions: Stories of Australian Astronomy was an astronomy-themed storybook produced in conjunction with the International Year of Astronomy and the Australian Department of Innovation Industry, Science and Research (DIISR).
Download any of our previous storybooks as tablet-friendly PDFs here.
For more information on being involved in future editions contact Niall on (03) 9398 1416 or email@example.com
Science in Public
82 Hudsons Road (PO Box 2076)
Spotswood VIC 3015
ph +61 3 9398 1416
+61 417 131 977
+61 413 332 489