These stories and more in our lastest collection of successful partnerships between European and Australian researchers.
Our thanks to the European Union Delegation in Canberra for making this possible.
- Cockatoos in the city
- Steel for a more sustainable Europe
- Tiny lens looks at hearts
- Farmers reap Copernicus rewards.
- Calcium from millet?
- A cure for ageing riesling
- Optometrist to the stars: MAVIS
- Australia’s time machine gets down to business
- Dustbusters get in at the birth of baby planets
- Malaria vax validation
- Copenhagen, Leiden and Melbourne tackle stem cells together
- The physics of cancer
- Breast cancer risk
- AI for better sleep
- An old vaccine for new diseases?
- A global trial designed for pandemics
- Super-accurate laser lights
- A mammoth discovery
- A bone of contention
- ESO and our galactic cousins
All in our 2022 collection – pdf also available here.
Read on for highlights from 2021
- Breeding grapevine varieties to be resilient in the face of warming temperatures;
- Stronger materials for bigger turbines;
- The neutron zone;
- Lifesaving COVID-19 treatments fast tracked.
- Building the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), the biggest scientific instrument in the world
- Designing 3D printers to make carbon fibre on an industrial scale
- Overcoming the engineering challenges of hypersonic travel
- Constructing, launching and operating CubeSats.
- Making wine in a warming world
- Stronger materials for bigger turbines
- Spying on the denizens of the Southern Ocean
- 3D printing carbon fibre at industrial scale
- Hypersonic travel
- Big data for life
- Sharing knowledge, fighting fires
- 50 CubeSats explore the thermosphere
- International eye in the sky
- Bone mechanics
- The world’s largest scientific instrument
- The neutron zone
- Compound interest
- Finding the way to zero-carbon energy
- Australian mirrors helping to power Cyprus
- Inventing the ultimate suspension system
- How much carbon can we dig in?