Science in Public is a science communication business based in Melbourne, Australia, with a team of 12 staff and associates.
We have a passion for science. We encourage and challenge scientists to reach the public, politicians and the media, while staying true to their science. We mentor, train, plan, and benchmark. We produce websites, reports, books, videos, events and conferences.
You can read more about us at www.scienceinpublic.com.au
Stories of Australian Science grew out of our work hosting the World Conference of Science Journalists in Melbourne in 2007, where we realised that there was a hunger for more stories about the best of Australian science.
Our thanks to the organisations who have supported the 2017 edition. If you’d like copies or you’d like to participate in 2017 please get in touch.
Our thanks to the following organisations for their financial support:
- ARC CoE for Core to Crust Fluid Systems
- ARC Special Research Centre for the Subatomic Structure of Matter – University of Adelaide
- Australian Government’s Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO)
- Australian Red Cross Blood Service
- Bushfire & Natural Hazards CRC
- Deakin University
- Defence Science and Technology Group
- Flinders University
- ithree insttitute – University of Technology Sydney
- Macquarie University
- Melbourne School of Engineering, The University of Melbourne
- Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University
- The Australia-Indonesia Centre
- Translational Research Institute (TRI)
- University of Technology Sydney
- Victoria University