- Collaborating to combat killers
- Designing the coolest and most efficient tropical houses
- Making efficient ports to keep cities connected
- Putting a window and lasers in a ship’s hull to improve efficiency
- Fishing for food security
How much do barnacles and algae slow our ships; energy efficient houses to suit tropical climates; a new vaccine for tuberculosis—Indonesian and Australian scientists are tackling some of the biggest challenges facing both nations. With its supporters, the Australia Indonesia Centre is funding collaborative research in health, energy, food and agriculture, infrastructure, and resilient communities. Here are some highlights.